About this position
Our client is a $100 Million manufacturing division of a larger US publicly traded company that is located in Oakville and has an immediate need for a Divisional Controller. This is an exciting opportunity for a finance leader with manufacturing experience to partner with the Divisional President and Corporate Controller as the lead finance person for this division. The role has responsibility for a $100 million division with 5 locations across North America and a team of 8 reporting in.
Qualified candidates will have experience managing the finance operations of a manufacturer and/or distributor in excess of $25 million in annual revenue. Candidates with demonstrated leadership experience in large, public company financial planning and analysis will also be considered favorably for the role.
Our client is offering a competitive and strong compensation package to attract the ideal candidate. There is also an opportunity to make an impact on the business as this person will be a key business partner of the Divisional President. If you possess all of the necessary skill set and you are excited to learn more about this opportunity then email your resume immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job order number 3759.
We would like to thank all applicants however only those under consideration will be contacted. Thank you.
Fill out the form below or Call 1.855.979.1297
- Develop and enforce internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting within a public-company Sarbanes-Oxley framework
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all or part of the division
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and provincial policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals
- Manage the process for the receipt and disbursement of cash
- Coordinate with outside accountants to prepare federal and provincial tax returns
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, gross margin/cost accounting variance reporting, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and outside accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities
- Assist implementation of subsidiary G/Ls in to the parent ERP system
- CPA designated with 3+ years in Controllership or like capacity
- Experience in manufacturing company
- Strong FP&A and month end/compliance skills within a publicly traded company