About this position
Our client is a smaller publicly traded company in the health and pharma industry is located in Mississauga and they have an immediate opening for an Accountant on a 12 month contract. This is an exciting opportunity to use your public company accounting experience to work with a small, dynamic and close knit team within a growing industry that has such a positive impact on society. The Accountants have responsibility for the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all accounting records. The Accountant is part of the Finance group, which ensures adequate internal controls exist to manage business risks, and acts as a service provider to the organization. This position reports to the Controller, and major responsibilities listed below will be shared among the Accountant positions.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package and a great working environment. If you possess the necessary skill sets and you are excited to discuss this opportunity in more detail email me immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job order number 3747.
We would like to thank all applicants however only those under consideration will be contacted. Thank you.
Fill out the form below or Call 1.855.979.1297
- The Accountant creates and maintains complete records of all financial transactions in accordance to IFRS and in time to meet internal timelines (i.e. management reviews, month end close schedule, board meeting, etc.) and external timelines (i.e. tax, government regulations, etc.)
- Responsible for the financial reporting close process, including:
-Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
-Update of quarterly accruals and commitments
-Preparation and recording of journal entries for month end close
-Transfer pricing policy maintenance and preparation of US subsidiary internal financial statements
-Preparation of interim and year-end financial statements and MD&A
- Respond to external auditor requests for information
- Accounts payable including review of 3-way matching of invoicesv
- Administer monthly Canadian and US payroll, record payroll and group RSP entries
- Responsible for payroll and HST compliance. Reconcile payroll to T4 and payroll ledgers, prepare T4A-NR slips, and perform HST, EHT, and WSIB reconciliationv
- Calculate remittances for US consultants, employees, and directors’ work in Canada
- Stock options administration and accounting
- Prepare comparisons to budget and forecast
- Maintenance of controls documentation, controls assessment and compliance
- Implement process improvements to accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- University degree and working towards or have completed CPA
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar accounting role within a publicly traded company
- Strong Excel skills