About this position
Our mid-sized manufacturing client is looking for a packaging buyer. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for purchasing packaging materials (such as corrugated cardboard, wraps and films, etc.) in addition to raw materials and products used in the maintenance, repair and operation of a manufacturing facility. This opportunity would best suit someone with 3+ years of purchasing experience in a fast-paced manufacturing setting, while keeping a clear focus on cost, delivery and timelines.
What our client can offer you:
• Advancement opportunities
• Competitive salary
• Benefits, RRSP
• Support for educational pursuits
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a growing company in the local area. Interested and qualified candidates please fill out the form and attach your resume, quoting job #3365 in the subject line, or you can contact Kristal Simpson directly at Kristal.Simpson@elby.ca.
We’d like to thank all applicants however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.
Fill out the form below or Call 1.855.979.1297
- Purchase packaging materials, raw materials, and MRO products as required
- Source new and innovative products
- Maintain and build vendor relations, negotiate purchase order contracts and subcontracts with appropriate suppliers
- Maintain inventory of packaging and ensure product is on hand in sufficient quantities for production
- Additional duties related to purchasing and supply chain
- 3 or more years of purchasing experience from manufacturing (preferably CPG) sector
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Previous experience in the procurement of packaging materials
- University degree or college diploma
- Any additional purchasing-related education and/or certifications (PMAC, APICS) would be an asset